Saturday 18 May 2013

DSS Music Video & Teacher Update

So you may or may not have seen me posting a new video I made onto Twitter recently. The video is a live music session/band promo for Dismillium Sound Systum. I wanted to use this blog post to talk about my work on it and the give you an update on my short film Teacher. So let's get going!

If you haven't seen it already here is the video I made for Dismillium Sound Systum:




I was asked to do the video by my flatmate and member of the band Alistair Wilson. I was asked to film the band playing live in order to give people following them online a taste of their music. As this was their first music video I thought that it would be a good idea to add an interview with them in order to promote their music and there debut performance at the Falapalooza music festival. If you are in the area come check them out on the 25th-26th May!

I filmed the video using a Canon 5D Mark 2. I have been wanting to use one of these cameras for so long now and I am very happy that this opportunity gave me the excuse to do so. Whilst filming them practice I put the 5D on a glidecam and then used a tripod for the interview and live song. I would have liked to have had more cameras whilst filming the live performance instead of one static shot but I was unable to book out more than one 5D.

Hopefully this video will result in me doing more work for the band and creating an actual music video for one of their songs.

If you did like what you heard you can check out Dismilluim Sound Systum:
On Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/dismilliumss?directed_target_id=0
Twitter; https://twitter.com/DismilliumSS
and on their website; http://dismilliumss.wix.com/dismillium-ss

Now for the update on Teacher. We have recently just finished our last edit of the footage. As this is a
university project we had to finish by a certain date which was yesterday. However we may still continue to work on the edit in time for when we submit to festivals. Our festival strategy is being arranged as we speak and after a successful Kickstarter we will be submitting very soon and then after that our short will make it's way online. We look forward to showing you all!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!