Friday 31 January 2014

Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor

So it's just been announced that Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Superman's arch nemesis Lex Luthor for the upcoming Man of Steel sequel, so I thought I would let you know my opinion on this casting.

Jesse Eisenberg is a good actor if not a little monotone for my liking. He was awesome in The Social Network but would he be as good as Lex Luthor? I don't think so. First of all he's too young in my eyes even though he is 30, but he does not look it! I want someone who looks like an intelligent but also quite menacing businessman and also someone a bit older then Superman. Although I could buy him as some young hot shot, he doesn't come across as the type of person who could stand up to the likes of Batman and Superman. I can't see Eisenberg stealing every scene as well as Heath Ledger did! It's an odd casting which has me interested to see how he plays him but I am not entirely happy that he has been given the chance in the first place. Warner Brothers have been casting people for the film that so far haven't been all too pleasing. The least they could do would be to give us someone like Bryan Cranston or Joaquin Phoenix to keep us looking forward to the now 2016 release date. I can take Batfleck and I can take Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman but Eisenberg as Luthor, I don't know, it's going to take way more convincing!

In addition to Lex, we also get to see Alfred again, this time played by Jeremy Irons. Apart from his stupid comments on gay marriage which he has now apologised for, I don't mind him playing Bruce Wayne's butler. Can anyone see him doing a better job than Michael Caine did though?

There is now way I won't see this film, but they really do need to release something pleasing like a picture of this supposedly awesome Bat suit to keep my interests up. I don't mind the odd controversial casting but has Warner Brothers taken it too far this time?

What are your thoughts on the latest casting additions to the Batman Vs Superman film? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!