Friday 17 February 2017

Podcast: Cinebois2Cinemen

So this week I wanted to share with you a podcast that I have been listening to called Cinebois2Cinemen. It's a new project from three of my friends that I studied with at University, Daniel Smith, Alfie Martin and Ben Kersey. Now I'm not just promoting this because they're my friends but also because the content they are creating is really good! I'm big fan of podcasts in general and the quality of their production and the depth of their discussion is just as good as the best. I'm hooked already, it's like being back in Falmouth, having serious discussions about film and the industry but also having a good laugh as well. If I haven't hooked you then they have also written a little something themselves to entice you in:

'Cinebois2Cinemen' is a weekly film podcast that aims to provide in-depth discussion and analysis on the weeks releases with a veneer of casual silliness and self deprecatory humour that permeates 99% of all our conversations away from the microphone. Our aspirations for the podcast are simple; As we approach our one month anniversary it seems fitting to expand our listening base away from friends and family who listen just to be polite. In the future we've planned (perhaps rather over zealously) a few changes to the formula, such as dragging guests on from all walks of life and even livecasts should you wish to put the horribly high voices to the constantly greasy faces. All jokes aside, we genuinely love talking about films, and would love people who share that love to have a listen, get in touch and provide feedback (good and bad). This week, we chat about Moonlight, and follow that on with a discussion about masculine portrayals in film. We've got a few others in the back catalogue where we discuss other films and what we felt were subjects relevant should you be feeling fruity. Thanks to Alex for sharing the podcast. Love, Cinebois2Cinemen

I urge you guys to check this out, what I've heard so far is great and it can only get better. If you love film then this is definitely one for you. You can check out the latest podcast on Moonlight below:



I'm going to have to wait on that one because I have yet to have seen Moonlight as my local cinema will not be screening the Oscar nominated and highly critically praised film (not bitter...). If you're like me or want to start the podcast from it's very beginning then you can check out the first episode on La La Land here:



Check out their Facebook page here.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Comment!